Chinese Globetrotter! After having worked in the export and promotion of wine in France...
Le Fief Noir
Loire, Coteaux du Layon Faye-d'Anjou,Anjou,Anjou Villages,Coteaux du Layon,Rosé de Loire,Vin de France,Crémant de Loire
Chateau de Valmer
Originally from Tourangeau, Jean first tried his hand at Parisian life, his towers at La Défense,...
Clos du Beugnon
Loire, Val de Loire,Anjou,Vin de France,Rosé de Loire
Located near the Loire, between Saumur and Cholet, the family estate is in the heart of...
Loire, Anjou Villages,Coteaux du Layon,Savennières,Rosé de Loire,Cabernet d'Anjou,Rosé d'Anjou
Located in the heart of the Loire Valley near Angers, Château Soucherie is a wine estate...
Since almost seven centuries the vines have been cultivated in Oiselinière Since 1335, people have been talking about vines there. Of course, at the time, these were not used to make wine but alcohol. They were called "chauffe" wines. They are south-west facing and dominate the right bank of the Sèvre Nantaise. This plateau is made up of a mother rock called "gabbro". L...Lire plus Learn more
Since almost seven centuries the vines have been cultivated in Oiselinière Since 1335, people have been talking about vines there. Of course, at the time, these were not used to make wine but alcohol. They were called "chauffe" wines. They are south-west facing and dominate the right bank of the Sèvre Nantaise. This plateau is made up of a mother rock called "gabbro". Gabbro is a rock that, unlike basalt, has undergone slow cooling allowing crystallization, hence the presence of crystals. Its greyish structure is green/black and very dense, called plutonic. This exceptional soil, the sunny exposure and the constant ventilation of the vines give rise to particularly aromatic and fine wines.
A historic wine-growing property with many assets located in the heart of the Nantes vineyard and surrounded by a park and meadows overlooking the Sèvre Nantaise welcomes you for privileged escapades and wine tourism stays. By stopping at l'Oiselinière, we will help you discover our historical vineyard and our wines of excellence. You will take the time to rest and relax in our guest rooms and at our table. But also, we will guide your steps in our region rich in history, unusual places and modernity. L'Oiselinière in Gorges, on the banks of the Sèvre Nantaise, is a former hunting lodge of the Lords of Clisson. It already existed in the Middle Ages according to the first known records dating back to 1335. Olivier V de Clisson, whose favourite residence is here, raises his hunting birds, probably the origin of the property's name. We also discover from reading these leases that the vines are already cultivated there. For 643 years, this domain only changed hands 4 times. The descendants of Madame Douault, who bought it in 1767, sold it to us in 2006. Around 1800, the property became the country residence of the Bertrand-Geslin couple (Marie-Adelaïde was Mrs. Douault's daughter). Jean-Baptiste Bertrand was then mayor of Nantes. It was therefore in the 19th century that the Oiselinière property took on its present appearance. During the last war, General Audibert and his wife lived in the Oiselinière. The General, head of the secret army of the West, was on the run and wanted by the Gestapo, who arrested his wife and daughter. They were deported to Ravensbruck where Madame Audibert died. The General was arrested on March 17, 1944, at the Augustinian Monastery of Malestroit where he was hiding. He was tortured and then detained in Buchenwald. He was released by the Americans. Italy in Clisson The Bertrand-Geslin, friends of Lemot (see Clisson's story), redeveloped the entire estate in several stages. From 1800, around a trapezoidal courtyard, outbuildings and a monumental porch, made of tuffeau and covered with slate, were built. This complex was built in the neoclassical style of the time. The external installations precede the construction of the dwelling. In 1807, Bertrand-Geslin had the park planted with rare species, native trees and boxwood. In the middle of the park, it opens a perspective on the Château de Clisson, a perspective that still exists today. To the west and east are two single-storey buildings. The western one, dating from 1820, has on its façade a row of six oculus (circular niches surrounded by bricks) and housing the busts of famous men: Olivier de Clisson, Condé, Duquesne, Jean Bart, Bayard and Duguesclin. This is the famous Gallery of Illustrators. This stone iconography evokes in many ways the statues of the Nantes Stock Exchange of the sculptor Debay père. Also, without precise writings, however, the latter is credited with creating the busts of the Illustrious. The main dwelling, an Italian-style villa dating from 1830/35, is built in a style known as "Clissonnaise". Exceptional in this style, it is the main residence and not the outbuildings that borrow the major features of rustic Italian-style architecture: Genoese cornice fittings, chimney stumps, bay surrounds with wide bands, oculus.... The architects remained unknown, but it is legitimate to assume that Bertrand-Geslin, by virtue of his position as mayor of Nantes, was in contact with the most famous architects of the time, such as Mathurin Crucy. Since the beginning: vines! For almost seven centuries the vines have been cultivated in Oiselinière since 1335, they are known as vines. Of course, at the time, these were not used to make wine but alcohol. They were called "chauffe" wines. The first Muscadet vines appeared in the south of Nantes in 1635 and were planted in Oiselinière. A scroll, deposited in the Departmental Archives, attests to this. It states the following: Jean Goulet de la Fosse de Nantes, leases to several private individuals in the parish of Gorges, a 78-drinked piece called "Grands Gâts", depending on the land of the Oiselinière, to plant it in white Muscadet vines". These plots are still the same. The property remained in one piece. All the vines are grouped around the Château.