Free Delivery from 6 bottles
The winemaker is in charge of delivery and ships his wines from his wine estate
- Free Shipping for 6+ bottles from one winemaker
- Order by 3 bottles from the same winemaker
- Delivery guaranteed anti breakage
- Shipping in France within 5 business days
- Shipping in Europe : Germany, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco with 8€ additional fees
Send wine as a gift
Send your friend the best gift ever !
- When finalizing your order, entre the name and address of your friend
- Tick the checkbox "Send Wine as a gift" and fill in the field below to leave a message to your friend
- We'll send a card and e-mail to let your friend know that she/he will be receiving a nice suprise soon
- Hope she/he will invite you over for dinner and let you drink these bottles
Les Grappes PRO
Our wines are also available on Les Grappes PRO. Inscrivez-vous
- Domain : Château Caillou
- Year : 2015
- Region : Bordeaux
- Appellation : Sauternes
- Classifications : Sustainable Agriculture - Agriculture Raisonné - Without certification
- Alcoholic degree : 13.5°
- Grape : Sémillon
- Soil : Argilo-calcaire
After 18 months in barrels, you can enjoy it now or drink it within 15 years.
It will perfectly accompany Asian dishes (e. g. sushi, Pad-Thaï) and spicy dishes.
The Wine Estate
Grand Cru Classé in 1855 in the Sauternes & Barsac appellation, Château Caillou has been a family property for more than 100 years! Château Caillou is located on the high plateau of Barsac, where we find the oldest and most renowned vintages of this appellation. On a clay-limestone subsoil with asteria, covered with a layer of clayey sand and dotted with beautiful gravel on the surface, our wines are distinguished by their delicate aromas. We produce wines that are typically Barsac, wines that reflect great freshness and minerality, wines that are slightly less opulent. 18 hectares of vineyards, including 13 hectares in a single block around the Château, where Semillon is king. We produce our Sauternes and Crémant de Bordeaux only with Sémillon, and we keep all the freshness of Sauvignon Blanc for our dry white wine. The vineyard, whose vines are on average 50 years old, is made up of first choice grape varieties and rootstocks and is planted sparingly to ensure the maintenance of the vineyard. We are currently managing our vineyard using sustainable agriculture and we are working in 2021 to obtain the High Environmental Value level 3 label.