Domaine Du Saut au Loup
Chinese Globetrotter! After having worked in the export and promotion of wine in France...
Chateau de Valmer
Originally from Tourangeau, Jean first tried his hand at Parisian life, his towers at La Défense,...
Clos du Beugnon
Loire, Val de Loire,Anjou,Vin de France,Rosé de Loire
Located near the Loire, between Saumur and Cholet, the family estate is in the heart of...
Loire, Anjou Villages,Coteaux du Layon,Savennières,Rosé de Loire,Cabernet d'Anjou,Rosé d'Anjou,Crémant de Loire,Anjou
Located in the heart of the Anjou vineyards, Château Soucherie is a family-run wine estate ...
Loire, Muscadet Sèvre et Maine
Located in La Tourlaudière in the heart of the Nantes vineyard, the estate has 30 hectares of vines...
The Gitton Père et Fils estate is located around the village of "Ménétréol-sous-Sancerre" on the banks of the Canal Latéral à la Loire. The vineyards, with a surface area of 33 hectares, are 80% planted in...Lire plus Learn more
The Gitton Père et Fils estate is located around the village of "Ménétréol-sous-Sancerre" on the banks of the Canal Latéral à la Loire. The vineyards, covering an area of 33 hectares, are 80% sauvignon and 20% pinot noir, planted on small plots around the village. These numerous plots now make it possible to offer a dozen different White Sancerre wines.
The history of the Gitton vineyards dates back to 1945 when Marcel and Huguette Gitton bought half a hectare of vines in the Sancerre region to provide for the family bistro. Little by little, Marcel, a winemaking worker who was passionate about vines, extended his vineyard by acquiring small plots around his village.
Thanks to this diversity of terroirs, Marcel quickly chose to vinify the parcel by separating all the vintages by locality, according to the exposure, rootstock and terroirs. This family tradition is now carried on by his son Pascal and his wife Denise, with the help of their daughter Chanel.
Our parcels "En creux" and "Larrey", both on the same hillside and on the same terroir, were already mentioned by Abbé Poupard in 1777 as two of the four best white Sancerre wines in the history of Sancerre.